Friday, November 5, 2010

The Road to Pennsylvania Day 4

Hello all,

Well today was day FOUR on the road and it was much shorter indeed. Still getting up to a chilly 23˚ day in Illinois, it was a bit of a rough start. Also I think the smoke in the air of the hotel from the previous night made it hard to breath and my dad and I a bit sick. Don't ever stay at an econolodge if you can avoid it people. This was perhaps the most interesting day of the trip with the inclusion of SNOW and some occasional WTF from other drivers. Pictures are included below, first ones are some while in Indiana with the snow itself then there is one from the start of Ohio when I reached there. The land of Illinois is actually pretty populated as is Ohio, which is rather against my original thoughts. Unfortunately, here again the corn and other crops had already been harvested so I was mostly looking at flattened fields with some wildlife.






If you look really hard you can see snow on the windshield! I drove though snow, but 10 miles later it was sunny?

However unlike the day before where there were about 75 deer carcasses a strewn on the freeway, this was a rather road-kill free day. I bring this up because I was asked about the food of the days. While in Wyoming I had some Bison, while in Nebraska I had some lamb/corn, and while in Ohio I had a really Philly Cheese steak and fish and chips. Unfortunately, while passing through Illinois, Chicago was much to the north of the freeway and I while I could see sears tower, there was no way to stop and have "Chicago style pizza or hotdogs" oh well. Got to the hotel tonight around 6:30, which is 3:30 for all you west coast folk, and am just trying to keep warm and plan the next days drive into Philly. If I get there early enough I guess I will start the house hunting search or just crash and pick it up the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment