Thursday, October 14, 2010

BLC Update

It has come to my attention that I should probably give somewhat of an outline of how exactly to read my casts in terms of the "out of game" theory and the "in game" commentary. This will be done below. I also want to say that I will not be casting any more of my games as it is too hard to be unbiased against my own play. Not sure yet what BC#3 will focus on, but I am leaning towards scout reactions and creating counter units.

I try and provide a bit of "out of game" knowledge first, basically theory craft as it relates to the cast/topic of the day. So in the first cast i was talking about surviving and spending money. In order to survive longer and have things to spend the money on, I feel it is important to talk about the "out of game" idea of building placements, unit/worker/supply production, and to think about what is scary so that once you are "in game" you already have an idea of these topics. This holds for cast 2 about dealing with pressure. Knowing what typical builds are helps you adapt your own play to adjust based on new challenges. Therefore, the discussion before the replay is all "out of game" before playing conceptual theory-craft and the "in game" replay sections are things to be watching for, thinking about, and adapting to while under the pressure of a real game.

Hope this clears some of the confusion up. I would also like to say that for each of these "update" posts, please make comments on things you would like cast, ideas to be discussed, and maybe some games you would like to see done. I am happy to take all suggestions as this is for the readers after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment