Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Another day in PA

Hello again,

Well after 4 long, annoying nights in Pennsylvania in a hotel of horrendous noise consisting of fire engines, police sirens, and a plethora of other emergency vehicles I am currently in Delaware in a much better hotel. On better news, I signed the lease for my new Apt in Media, PA and saw some pretty cute girls who live in my building. Maybe someday soon I will be brave and knock on some doors and say hello. Yea it's kinda shallow and maybe a bit pedantic, but how else am I gonna meet people or girls in this city? After getting the lease signed and paying almost 1500$ in rent/deposit I could finally start the process of getting a Pennsylvania drivers license and then getting my car registered.

Now the process of getting all of this stuff for new residents is really quite stupid in this state, but the speed at which it takes to get them is actually pretty awesome. As a general recap, in order to get a drivers license you need to have an original birth certificate, a social security card, your old drivers license that is less than 6 months expired, and you need 2 forms demonstrating residency in PA at your permanent address. Fortunately I had purchased a queen bed and car insurance prior to making this trip so I had enough options in conjunction with my lease to fulfill these needs. Now this may not seem like the biggest of issues in terms of all these forms, but in order to get an apartment you need home owners insurance and in order to get that you need an address, and in order to get a car registered you need all this stuff... so yea just go with it's annoying in general and don't bother trying to understand the above paragraph. However, unlike California which can take hours to get to the front of the line so you might as well bring some coffee, I was in and out of the DMV or what they call "Photo and Test Center" in under an hour. So I suppose I should just look at is like checking another thing off the list, as the only thing left is to finally get the car registered.


But on to better things as with all of this stuff behind me, tomorrow is the day of shopping. Already got a bed, but now I need to get furniture and a couch and start to really make my place look like a home, especially since comcast is already scheduled and as those who know me know, I love me my internet. Not really that much else to talk about today, but I bet after shopping tomorrow and lunch with my bosses on Friday I will have much to report.

Thanks for reading the short update, I'll probably post again Saturday night after my internet/tv and general apartment is set up. I WILL ALSO HAVE PICTURES!!

1 comment:

  1. Can we get an UPDATE?

    Good luck with orientation!

    Pics, please!

    ReplyDelete