Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Road to Pennsylvania

DAY 5


Well I have been really busy and haven't really checked back here in almost a week, so it didn't occur to me that I didn't do the DAY 5 post of the last day of driving. I will do that now and then do a new post on the week of living here and getting settled and then I will do another post this weekend after Orientation tomorrow and Friday.

The last day of driving was altogether pretty boring, mostly I saw lots of trees and some small farms. Driving through I-76 you have to get on two toll roads, one to get through Illinois and the last to get through the first part of Pennsylvania. The last leg of the drive is the road from the home of the Steelers to that of the Eagles, but you have to pass right by Penn State. I don't know if anybody knows about Penn State, but it is basically a giant football stadium and absolutely nothing else. People come from 3 hours away to watch football games there. At the end of the drive, we arrived in Chester PA at a holiday in that was, by far, the worst hotel I have even been in, in the scariest of parts of town. I suppose this was to be expected since it's right next to an industrial zone and a junior college, but being there was just bad.





There isn't really much else to say about the last leg of driving except after just over 3000 miles of driving of which I did about half, it was finally over.

No comments:

Post a Comment